Access to the complete content on Very Short Introductions online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. What is psychology? How do you study it?
- 2. What gets into our minds? Perception
- 3. What stays in the mind? Learning and memory
- 4. How do we use what is in the mind? Thinking, reasoning, and communicating
- 5. Why do we do what we do? Motivation and emotion
- 6. Is there a set pattern? Developmental psychology
- 7. Can we categorize people? Individual differences
- 8. What happens when things go wrong? Abnormal psychology
- 9. How do we influence each other? Social psychology
- 10. What is psychology for?